Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold Weed.for.Sale, Cannabis.for.Sale, cbd.for.Sale, Edibles.for.Sale - in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody just search for Weed.to.Gold - sounds like it could be going that way

Comment

You are the type of operator a registry owner wants, someone who builds a business on their premium priced gtld at $3K per year renewal. You have to sell 120 names just to break even deducting operating costs, but looks like your closing to doing that.

I notice on my mobile browser it often adds a . with every space, not so my desktop/laptop browser, for the time being this should help, but if that ever changes it could be a problem.

Another thing is how are you doing with search rankings, with sub domains?

I think you can make alot of money with your technology, but not so much in sub domains, but with .email .mail or whatever the extension is.

If you had smith.email Name@smith.com there would be a large demand for a one stop box solution for this, you can probably get many domain owners on board also.
      Last edited by airmax; 11-18-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
        I bought cannabis.online and marijuana.online about a year ago for 67k , it's a huge market!
        Wow! Not quite the same, but I bought Cannabis.Care for $38.

Comment

• phrases.for.sale
          phrases.for.sale commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds suitable for the medicinal market?

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        Wow! Not quite the same, but I bought Cannabis.Care for $38.
        The marijuana, and cannabis domains in the relevant gtld extensions that are affordable are owned by a few handful of owners, Phil is one of the biggest for sure, Elfert used to have a few, not sure what has happend to him, but he seems to have dumped most of his portfolio except his keepers, and a few others own the rest, so they are in very safe hands so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
          You are the type of operator a registry owner wants, someone who builds a business on their premium priced gtld at $3K per year renewal. You have to sell 120 names just to break even deducting operating costs, but looks like your closing to doing that.

I notice on my mobile browser it often adds a . with every space, not so my desktop/laptop browser, for the time being this should help, but if that ever changes it could be a problem.

Another thing is how are you doing with search rankings, with sub domains?

I think you can make alot of money with your technology, but not so much in sub domains, but with .email .mail or whatever the extension is.

If you had smith.email Name@smith.com there would be a large demand for a one stop box solution for this, you can probably get many domain owners on board also.

Fortunately, I don't pay as much as $3k/yr on any of my domains, but the terms of the FOR.SALE contract is confidential, so that's probably about all I can say.

But yes, I am a good client for them, becuase not only am I buying premium names, with premium renewals, but I am also developing my names (not just sitting on them) & therefore promoting the TLD at the same time (inc improving its credibility & domain authority etc). This is probably worth more to them than any renewal fees at this stage in their cycle. This was one of the primary considerations when I negotiated with Rightside for the right to run the FOR.SALE registry.

Fortunately, with ten years experience of running the tech for dot-IO, there is nothing I can't do (in terms of running a registry) so this keeps running costs right down, which is great for the business as it means its more likely to have a long term future.

Also, although your basic maths is correct, I don't quite see in the same way - in so far as, if you want to run a business selling three word domains as phrases, you really have to have FOR.SALE if (like me) you are starting from nothing - i.e no existing market.

FOR.SALE requires no explanation so ensures people can get the concept right away. However, I do also expect it to always be the best seller.

Right now we not seen a proper study on the SEO effect, but our experience is that you do get a boost when the domain matches the search term you are trying to rank for.

I wrote a blog about it here - https://names.of.london/press/we-ran...0-in-24-hours/

Clearly search ranking is a multi-factor issue, so unless you run a well designed study, it's impossible to be absolutely certain.

I would have thought that <word><dot><space><word> would trigger a search, not a DNS lookup - so give no benefit to us, but I'm sure it varies by platform. However, as (if?) the names become more popular there is a valid question as to whether "land for sale" means a generic search or the specific site "land.for.sale" - I guess google would use all its other determining factors to make that choice.

I worte about that subject here - https://names.of.london/press/can-ne...d-ad-business/

The business model of email addresses as you describe has been tried before using a load of <last-name>.COM domain names - I seem to remember they would charge ~$5/yr for each prefix - I have no idea how successful it was, but I can't find it on Google, so I'm guessing it didn't work out.

We are currently focused on selling REAL domains, so (like a COM domain), with all of our domains you get unlimited email prefixes included in the price, although our inclusive email forwarding is limited to 20.

However, personally, I'd say right now the significance of email is declining, so I'm not sure how much of a long term future such a business would have - but then there are plenty who have doubts over what I am trying to achieve!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
            So a sub domain can be transferred to another registrar different than the actual domain?

So for.sale being at Name.com can have stuff.for.sale go to eNom?
            it may also be useful for you to look at the way dot-NAME is run - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.name

You can register DOE.NAME in the usual way, or you can register JOHN.DOE.NAME - in the second situation the domain DOE.NAME would automatically become a second level registry, also operated by Verisign - at that point DOE.NAME is then a shared resource owned by the registry, so then could not be sold to an end user. From then onwards only subdomains of DOE.NAME would be available. Currently there are about 17K names in dot-NAME that fall into this category.

The fact that Verisign operate both dot-NAME and DOE.NAME is (from a purely technical perspective) a co-incidence - in theory anybody could buy DOE.NAME and operate it as a private registry selling names like JOHN.DOE.NAME - however, this may be against the T&C of the TLD.

Presumably, domains of style DOE.NAME are a significantly higher price than JOHN.DOE.NAME

Effectively we have done the same for FOR.SALE - it is now a locked & shared resource, so will not be sold on its own.

Although we do intend to sell the option to own the MX (mail server) and IP Address records of FOR.SALE - this would allow somebody to run a website at FOR.SALE itself and have email "[name]@for.sale", without us losing control of the domain itself.

We also intend to sell the sub-domain WWW.FOR.SALE - this could be used to run a website called WWW.FOR.SALE and have email "[name]@www.for.sale" (possibly less useful).

Obviously, it would make sense for the same person to own both of these resources, but (from a purely technical perspective) it is not mandatory.

Comment

I bought 3 phrases earlier this year, and wanted to add them to bodis.com, but there seems to be no way to do so.

Is there any PPC service that supports this kind of subdomains?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I bought 3 phrases earlier this year, and wanted to add them to bodis.com, but there seems to be no way to do so.

Is there any PPC service that supports this kind of subdomains?

We used to park with Rookmedia / Domain Sponsor

Comment

Working...
                X