Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - which names should I buy

Hi guys,
    as we all know, I have registered bunch of bad names so far..in order to improve myself, please help me to decide which names should I buy (each is for USD 50, I was offered to buy them by domain investors).
    Please think from profit point of view - if I buy today, will I be able to sell for profit in next 5 years??

Prank.World
    Dreamy.World
    Olympics.Live
    Metric.City
    Kinetic.City
    Fragile.Life
    Sleepy.City
    Bali.City
    SmartGlasses.Market
    Voucher.Zone
    Limo.Zone
    Cab.Zone
    Bralettes.Store

and also

rollercoaster.city
    artillery.shop
    vinil.shop

Last edited by Marek; 06-13-2017, 05:55 PM.
    starting USD 5k Invest in premium new gTLD domains at Brands.International PM here or write at marek@brands.international

I wouldn't buy any mate..

Olympics.live is good but only every 4 years

Voucher.zone maybe

I might be wrong, just my opinion

Comment

• Marek
      Marek commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate, I appreciate that!!!

Also looking for other's opinions please, as I need to make decision within next 24 hours. Thank you!
    starting USD 5k Invest in premium new gTLD domains at Brands.International PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

I don't see anything there with value. Odds of selling any of those for $1000 or more is too small to mess with.

The term Olympics is trademarked and they have been known to pursue domains with their mark in it.

Comment

• Marek
        Marek commented
        Editing a comment
        I was also wondering about TM for Olympics..it sounds nice, but I guess for resale that might pose a problem..I was surprised that guy was willing to depart with the domain for such a low price, now I understand little better why.
        Thanks a lot Chad!

God, it is so much work to buy new domains! I just today new "would like to buy thread" on namepros - 80 PMs so far, and all of them full of garbage!!! Seems like no one will give you something good these days, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
        God, it is so much work to buy new domains! I just today new "would like to buy thread" on namepros - 80 PMs so far, and all of them full of garbage!!! Seems like no one will give you something good these days, lol
        I have visited the new gTLD section @ Namepros multiple times. Most people there seem clueless as to which new gTLDs have value and which not.

I think we should be grateful to people like Chad and Phil - their comments in this forum over the course of the last two years have helped many of us understand what makes a domain valuable.

I have saved thousands of dollars (by dropping useless domains), and made thousands more (by recognizing the ones that are valuable and then selling them for a good price), at least partially thanks to what I learned from them.

Comment

I always research the name + extension, if the extension is niched

If that combined term (name + extension) is registered in most popular TLDs, such as .com, .net, .org, .info, .co.uk, .eu, .biz, .co and so on, I get more interested in the name and research it further.

Five of your (random) examples:

- Prank.word = Prankworld is available in most extensions including .net. I would not register that name.
          - Dreamy.word = Dreamyworld is available in most extensions including .net. I would not register that name.
          - Metric.city = Metriccity is available in most extensions including .net. I would not register that name.
          - Fragile.life = Fragilelife is available in most extensions including .co.uk and .info. I would not register that name.
          - Bali.city = Balicity is available in most extensions including .org and .info. I would not register that name.

Ps. This do obviously apply if the extension is niched. For .XYZ etc, I will only research the keyword(s).
          Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

My portfolio of domains
          Follow me on Twitter
          Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

• Chad
            Chad commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post

If that combined term (name + extension) is registered in most popular TLDs, such as .com, .net, .org, .info, .co.uk, .eu, .biz, .co and so on, I get more interested in the name and research it further.
          I like it too and use mrdomain for it

here are 2 examples for the eyes

voucher.zone:

light.house:

WTF -- LOOK AT THIS -- AMAZING

Comment

Originally posted by Royal.Domains View Post

I like it too and use mrdomain for it

here are 2 examples for the eyes

voucher.zone:

light.house:

Great visual explanation! Thank you!
            Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

My portfolio of domains
            Follow me on Twitter
            Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Thank you guys some very good points
              OMG I am getting so many bad names in PMs, it is beyond believe! I think I will wait just 1 more day and close the buying thread there..

Comment

Instead of buying a bunch of names for $50 that you have to work hard to figure out if they are worth it or not, why not just buy 1 good for $5,000? Or 2 for $2,500? It's better than 50-100 questionable names.

Hunt down the best domains (not your opinion of best but the markets opinion of best) and work them. Don't ask people to send you lists otherwise all you will get served is poop sandwiches being passed off as gourmet delights.

Comment

• Marek
                  Marek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is good advice..but basically I am doing this exercise, as I already bought some very nice names this way in past. It is all about whether or not these investors can hold their renewals or not - if they can not hold, they can sell very good domains for peanuts.

I have to admit though that this approach is getting more and more difficult - as I just wrote, I got more then 80 PMs now, full of garbage I was able to select only 1 name from all this.

Dude... been there done that, it's funny though because some of the "gurus" will offer you worthless domains as well Had a thread there for long, lets say I don't own anything from that shit storm. The advises you are getting here are very good because these guys knows what they are doing.
                Follow on Twitter

Comment

Thank you guys for helping me with that, I guess I saved some money here!

Based on your advices I refused all the bad names which were proposed to me (which means all names, except one), and waiting to be offered some real gems - not sure they will come, though

Comment

I would venture to say that the best of the best in almost every new string is mostly likely held by a member of our community . At least the ones that have been released , there are a few exceptions of course but we get 75 percent of our traffic here from non members , lots of visitors watching and reading . It might be interesting to do a thread like Ray did on the domains best name you own for sale for under 1k and renewal costs best name under 5k with same info .. And we can help one another by Sharing info ... If your best 1k name is wordword.word don't be offended when people are honest with as this is a safe place not a bash board but pretty spam free as well.

Comment

I think Phil it is very good idea - I would appreciate such thread here. I read similar thread at "the domains" and it was definitely lot of fun, and some smaller sales resulted from that as well

Comment

Working...
                      X