how much do you think Shop.Network Worth
    I got $2000 offer
    i really like this domain, and personally i think it worth at least 5k
    your opinion is appreciated as always

www.Domain.Partners

take the nice money
    NEW NAMES - ROYAL SUPER SALE

Comment

It is very very nice name..I would personally counter offer 12k, and take anything above 6k. Either buyer has budget or not, in second case I would not bother. Anyway, even 12k is not much for this name imo, it has excellent value.

If you let your best names go now cheap, in few years you will not have anything of value in your portfolio, remember that mate and keep your good domains tight
      founder, Brands.International

Comment

For sure counter at $8-10k, it's not your only domain, do not worry about losing 1, there will be more.

It's a tough call the buyer might only have $2.5k to spend, or they may have more. At such a counter you can test them if you want your $5k range.

I think many are a bit more liberal about taking some money off the table after last weeks news story. Your not a domain collector, your a domainer.

This person still faces an uphold development challenge, you don't know when your next buyer is coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain.Partners View Post
          how much do you think Shop.Network Worth
          Nice clean name. Could be 2k-50k.

I would start at 10-50k for this one. Depends on who's asking.

2k is on the low end and, yes, I would take it depending on my new gtld cash flow needs. If sales are slow and renewals are coming up then sometimes you need to take the money.

If they started at 2k right out of the gate I would definitely shoot for more though. 10-35k. Go nuts.

Comment

I definitely agree with Chad's post above! It is so sad when domain investors are letting their names cheaply, they are depleting their portfolios and at the end they will have nothing. I see it every day.
            This is not good. If you have nice names, give them few years, we can not expect huge returns immediately after we purchased them.
            And we can not make good sales if we will accept all 2k offers. in 2017 we speak often about 1-2k offers, in 5-10 years we will speak often about 20k-50k offers imo.
            It is important to say no, and not only in domaining
            founder, Brands.International

Comment

thank you all very very much
              www.Domain.Partners

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                I definitely agree with Chad's post above! It is so sad when domain investors are letting their names cheaply, they are depleting their portfolios and at the end they will have nothing. I see it every day.
                This is not good. If you have nice names, give them few years, we can not expect huge returns immediately after we purchased them.
                And we can not make good sales if we will accept all 2k offers. in 2017 we speak often about 1-2k offers, in 5-10 years we will speak often about 20k-50k offers imo.
                You have no idea what is coming down the pipeline 5-10 years out. Who knows all domains maybe obsolete. The business end of it has always been sell retail, buy wholesale, and keep moving.

The domain outlined in this thread is a decent one, it has potential depending who is behind the offer. Sometimes you can scare them away with a big number, sometimes you can engage them, it takes time, and research. Best to open up a conversation first, then start talking numbers.

I can tell you, unless you have high search category killers, sell the tier 2 stuff for 4-5 figures if you can get it. The type of names that sell for $10K plus, take a special type of buyer, added to a category killer domain.

By the time you achieve your 5-10 year outline, ICANN will be rolling out another phase, they would be crazy not to, as they made so much money the first time around. You got to be smart, otherwise you will drown in renewals.

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                  in 5-10 years we will speak often about 20k-50k offers imo.

I do not believe in the coming ngtld golden age time anymore.

I made some sales 3 years ago, some 2 years ago, some 1 year ago and some this year. it was every year the same. nothing changed and I realized that this is the fact I have to deal with. the magic disappeared.

dont get me wrong, its a good business and I like it very much.
                  Last edited by Royal.Domains; 03-14-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal.Domains View Post
                    I do not believe in the coming ngtld golden age time anymore.
                    It's been said by many experienced folks that it will take 10+ years before these catch on.

I still think they will but by then domains *may not* be worth as much...?

At some point in time, many years out, extensions will be very blurred. They probably won't even be noticed much. People click, tap, point, swipe to get places nowadays. They don't type in domains as much. Companies like Google are making sure to blur the address bar as well to steal traffic before a person even completely types out a domain.

If they could have it their way, they would kill the address bar and simply make it a search bar.

One day, with your special glasses on, you may be able to enter some kind of command (blink twice) and get to your destination.

I click on URL shortener links all the time without paying much attention to the extension.

How registries run their extensions in the future is an unknown factor as well.

"Hey, get ur cheapie registration today and tomorrow you pay $300 sucker! hahahaha"

Many ntlds will be in use. More and more as we move forward. Whether or not they are investable will be the question.

Getting the good stuff, if possible, is key.

So I feel you Royal...my lamp is not shining as bright on these things as it used to be.

Comment

any news here ?

Comment

I missed this thread before.

I agree with Chad, Google is definitively a threat to domains.

However, I do not think domains will disappear anytime soon. They are like street addresses.

And also, Google can do whatever they want with their browser, but while people keep using email, there is still a reason for domains to have value. dan@homes.com looks more professional than dan@buy-homes-online.net

Having said that, this year has been slow so far. Very few sales, all in the high three-figure to low four-figure range. I hope it gets better soon.

Comment

Domains won't disappear they just become less relevant.

The ways people get to websites has changed and is changing.

I watch videos at YouTube.com and YouTu.be...makes no difference to me.

I click on links that take me there. The domain is a non issue.

That's just one point of many.

Comment

• Royal.Domains
                            Royal.Domains commented
                            Editing a comment
                            facebook, youtube, wix, shopify, instagram, wordpress, jimdo ... or just an IP address
                            with them you are able to create a web presence without a domain

.. or do we/you need a domain to sell domains.

but a own website is king. a must have when u really want to start and build reputation.

• airmax
                            airmax commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure why YouTube would pay all that money for YT.com then, these are the things that keep domains going, brand protection, dominance

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          Domains won't disappear they just become less relevant.
                          Agreed, but I think that will affect mostly five-figure sales and up.

I think that even if domains become less relevant, an average company will still be willing to spend $1k-$5k to buy a good domain.

Probably six/seven/eight figure sales will virtually disappear or become extremely rare.

Comment

The more valuable names are going to stay that way. Short .coms and one word .coms are not going downwards.

Mid level names are moving downwards and probably will continue.

Comment

Working...
                            X