private.property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private.property

I'm trying to sell off most of my domains but sometimes I come along a deal that I can't pass up. What's your opinion? And what would you price it at?

Renewal: $149/year

I don't like the renewal fee.

The keyword has a lot of monthly searches, but almost all come from South Africa (probably people looking trying to reach privateproperty.co.za).

Comment

• Addict
      Addict commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the renewal is pretty bad... it is the highest I've ever paid.

I don't like the term, makes me think of a negative term to keep out, recreational property, and some other spin off type names, I don't see the exit on this.

Comment

I like the name but not the renewal
      NEW NAMES - ROYAL SUPER SALE

Comment

I was probably too excited when I registered it. This name has always been on my list of domains to check every month and was never available before. I'm not sure if Frank's company dropped the domain OR just deleted it and made it available.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          I was probably too excited when I registered it.
          I know this very well I regged many names .. just to drop it a year or 2 later.
          NEW NAMES - ROYAL SUPER SALE

Comment

Private*Property is super nice name, if you think about it from end user perspective. Real estate agents are not very technical, so your sale point will not be number of searching and other technical parameters, it will be possibility of building nice brand.

To me, as real estate agent, it somehow points to high-end, exclusive deals, where privacy is required. I think some Russian end user will be your buyer. Name can fetch anything between 3-9k in 2017, and if you outbound can sell pretty fast imo. It is the same level as my recently acquired name with keyword "Premium" discussed in other thread.

Of course, I do not like the renewal of this name - from investment point of view it can get uncomfortable to hold long term, and this is my only objection to otherwise very nice name
            get your new domain at Brands.International
            PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

Private property in the USA means "stay the hell off my property". It has a negative connotation. I can't imagine a realtor using it unless it was for selling bare land to those who want to be away from people (not uncommon but smaller group of buyers).

Realtors are some of the lowest paying domain buyers ever. I'd guess, at most this one would go for $1500-2500.

Maybe better suited for a lawyer protecting property rights.

Either way, with such a high renewal, I'd stay away from it.

1,000 private.property type domains @ $150 a year is $150,000. You can't build a profitable portfolio with those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Realtors are some of the lowest paying domain buyers ever.
                I learned that lesson the hard way.

I stopped acquiring new real-estate domains more than a year ago. Still trying to sell the ones I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I learned that lesson the hard way.

I stopped acquiring new real-estate domains more than a year ago. Still trying to sell the ones I have.

It's somewhat ironic that the guy who says that a million dollar property is your best buy, is the same guy who are not willing to pay a few thousand for a great web address.
                  Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 25% commission.

My portfolio of domains
                  Follow me on Twitter
                  Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                    Private*Property is super nice name, if you think about it from end user perspective. Real estate agents are not very technical, so your sale point will not be number of searching and other technical parameters, it will be possibility of building nice brand.

To me, as real estate agent, it somehow points to high-end, exclusive deals, where privacy is required. I think some Russian end user will be your buyer. Name can fetch anything between 3-9k in 2017, and if you outbound can sell pretty fast imo. It is the same level as my recently acquired name with keyword "Premium" discussed in other thread.

Of course, I do not like the renewal of this name - from investment point of view it can get uncomfortable to hold long term, and this is my only objection to otherwise very nice name
                    Russian end user, very hard to move money out of Russia given sanctions, makes it that much harder to do business, maybe that is why they love bitcoin so much. So I wouldn't hold my breath for the Russian end user market to come out of the woods on this one.

I only ask how much, and what type of domains you use in your real estate business practices because down here, unless the domain is BelairRealEstate.com or something, most people do not want to even go down that niche, as real estate agents just don't get it for the most part. They do however have many GTLD options these days, so they should be happy, and even more less likely to pay a premium.

Comment

When I check new gTLD sales, it is very often a Russian buyer. I am not expert on sanctions, but can not they buy domains??

Real estate, you are right guys, real estate agents are really holding their money. It is not because there are no money in real estate, but they trade all day long. which means it is not easy to persuade them to pay premium for anything, if there is a any way to save that expense. Another thing is that most of them are organized in big networks - brands - franchises, so they do not need own domains. Only when real estate agent is senior enough to leave the big organization, and start their own business, they will need new domain.

I can tell you at the moment they do NOT have many new gTLD option, as everything reasonable is snapped by us. Almost 0 chance to handreg something decent (unless they want to pay high renewals, which they of course do not want to pay). Show me 1 example of nice new gTLD available for them for normal renewal (and I will ista grab it, lol)
                      get your new domain at Brands.International
                      PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

Working...
                      X