No announcement yet.

888.MONEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't handle different opinions on your domain name why are you creating a post asking what do you think about it?

If you only want positive opinions then please state that. Otherwise you're turning this into an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      If you can't handle different opinions on your domain name why are you creating a post asking what do you think about it?

If you only want positive opinions then please state that. Otherwise you're turning this into an argument.

I believe that we need to defend our point of view, and not just silently listen to what others say about the domain, then the forum is a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by New.Life View Post
        88.money - Michael Berkens Registered!

What is better 88.Money or 888.Money ?
        I'm not sure which would be considered better, but I had 88.Life and I dropped it. As 88 is a known meaning in the AN world for HH (Heil Hitler), 88.Life seemed more like a negative life than a 'lucky' life. And for a $100+ a year, too much to waste on a subpar NN domain.

Comment

I am not convinced the Chinese numeric-domain buying spree will ever come back.

Right now, there is a huge amount of 888.<extension> domains being offered @ Sedo.
          Most of them in the $1k-$4k range, some in the $100-$500 range, and most of those that are "Make an Offer" have zero bids.

The last time a new gTLD 888.<extension> domain was sold was on 2015 (although there are some newer ccTLD sales).

Last year, I saw multiple 888.<extension> domains drop. I registered one, out of curiosity (888 dot cruises). Granted, not one of the best ones, but still, so far zero inquiries.

Comment

I believe that we need to defend our point of view, and not just silently listen to what others say about the domain, then the forum is a forum.
            If you ask for an opinion and feel like you have to "defend" yourself when someone has a different one than you, then you can't handle it. You need to be able to listen to opinions without feeling like you need to tell people why their opinions are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I am not convinced the Chinese numeric-domain buying spree will ever come back.
              It will be back but I don't think it's going to be as silly as before.

They are going to be more focused on what traditionally has value and maybe a step or two beyond that. So maybe 6N.com will pop again.

Right now fortunes are being made with cryptocurrency's. Until this bubble pops, if it does, we won't see them come back strong into domains.

Comment

Personally I like 888.money because the number 8 goes well with money as to the Chinese people, 8 means rich. I don't like the renewal price though. Would buy it in 2014 but now I am more careful with buying names that cost more than a hundred dollars.

Comment

If you ask for an opinion and feel like you have to "defend" yourself when someone has a different one than you, then you can't handle it. You need to be able to listen to opinions without feeling like you need to tell people why their opinions are wrong.
                  I'm not just asking an opinion but also ready for discussion, forums for that and created. If someone does not want to discuss anything, he may simply not respond.

I'm not asking anyone to evaluate this domain I already realized that this is not possible for new gTLDs.

A simple example of how the discussion changes the opinion of people about the domain:

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                  I do not feel the name for this renewal

And I hope that Cassava Enterprises will also drop its 888.Life And will leave for their business only 888 dot Com. I really miss it!

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                  Hmm, I did not know that, that is pretty interesting..888.life indeed redirects to their site.
                  I start to have feeling that 888.Money is not bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    I'm not sure which would be considered better, but I had 88.Life and I dropped it. As 88 is a known meaning in the AN world for HH (Heil Hitler), 88.Life seemed more like a negative life than a 'lucky' life. And for a $100+ a year, too much to waste on a subpar NN domain.

88.Life - Numbers, just numbers... Even HH.COM recently was sold to a Chinese buyer.

Since last December this is my domain! As well as 99.Life is also my! ))

I registered 88.Life because of future traffic!

8.Life - Also was available for more than a month but I didn't register it... $880 it's really too much!

Comment

I'm not just asking an opinion but also ready for discussion, forums for that and created. If someone does not want to discuss anything, he may simply not respond.
                      Thanks for schooling me on this.

I rather not have you ask anymore than to go through all this mess. So keep that in mind for the future.

A simple example of how the discussion changes the opinion of people about the domain:
                      What did I say different than Marek?

I actually said, your domain is "good".

You just don't know how to take criticism.

Comment

You just don't know how to take criticism.

I didn't feel any criticism from the bad side from anyone and did not answer with a negative to anyone, I just talk. It's very rare on this forum... very rare...

Probably I need to use smiles that someone would not think that I'm offended, etc. But there is a very small set of smiles, and they are more suitable for teens.

Domaining is NOT my job and it's NOT even a way for me to make extra money.

I have not written a single email to any of the potential buyers. And I answered only three emails from hundreds about the sale of domains that were sent to me through WHOIS.

I just don't care! And I don't care that the renewals of some domains that I like is not 10 dollars but a hundred.
                        And I just don't want to sell domains to anyone who offered me $300... than selling cheap I better drop it. )

And I have NOT sold a single domain just because I don't really want to do it, especially for a couple of dollars or for a couple of hundreds dollars. *Smile*

Comment

I didn't feel any criticism from the bad side from anyone and did not answer with a negative to anyone
                          It seemed you did. Your replies were very defensive. I also get to see the one you deleted which sounds a little rude "WHO CARES!".

Maybe this all got "lost in translation". Where are you from (Country)?

Not a big deal but this has taken a lot of my patience. You asked what we thought and got several replies.

My view is the same. Post #2. A rock solid opinion. It's "good" to the certain market that buys these types. If they don't want it, it's a drop, just as it has been dropped before.

Probably I need to use smiles that someone would not think that I'm offended, etc. But there is a very small set of smiles, and they are more suitable for teens.
                          A smiley is a colon and closing parenthesis I believe : )

Comment

Basic smiley (for adults too)

Comment

It seemed you did. Your replies were very defensive. I also get to see the one you deleted which sounds a little rude "WHO CARES!".

My view is the same. Post #2. A rock solid opinion. It's "good" to the certain market that buys these types. If they don't want it, it's a drop, just as it has been dropped before.

I thought that we were already done talking about it. ))) It's a storm from nothing!

There where I answered you there smiles!!! Domaining for me is not even a hobby but something in between hobby and entertainment.

Therefore, I am not hurt by some kind of harmless criticism. I do not buy domains in order to sell them profitably.

I just follow the common sense! With zero experience of making money on domaining.

Just because I do not really need that kind of money. I will use the best of domains for other purposes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=smai...=isch&q=smiles
                              Last edited by New.Life; 06-13-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Basic smiley (for adults too)
                                I'm not a kid! )))

Comment

Working...
                                X