No announcement yet.

150.xyz and 185.xyz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow they go to premium when dropped, good find. No need for me to search if Chad ran them all now. Hope they don't come back saying it was a mistake.
    Domains for-sale, www.DomainByOwner.net.

Comment

I think the negative effects of stealing them away would be too great if this was a mistake.

Comment

• mad409
        mad409 commented
        Editing a comment
        From them yes but I've had domains for three days before and had them taken away from others. Was told they were reserved.

It might be worth it to run them a few times a day as Fancy and Addict found theirs at different times.

They could be releasing some just for marketing purposes, to get people talking about them. Just a wild guess.

Comment

• mad409
        mad409 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's an odd one, seems like a few fell through the cracks. Good for the ones who found it early.. I'd say this hole has been filled by now, waste of time searching at this point.

102.xyz
      103.xyz
      104.xyz
      105.xyz
      106.xyz
      107.xyz
      124.xyz
      125.xyz
      127.xyz
      129.xyz
      130.xyz
      132.xyz
      134.xyz
      137.xyz
      140.xyz
      142.xyz
      143.xyz
      145.xyz
      146.xyz
      147.xyz
      149.xyz
      150.xyz
      152.xyz
      153.xyz
      154.xyz
      157.xyz
      159.xyz
      162.xyz
      164.xyz
      165.xyz
      167.xyz
      169.xyz
      170.xyz
      172.xyz
      173.xyz
      174.xyz
      175.xyz
      176.xyz
      185.xyz

I am still curious what happened there exactly
      NEW NAMES - ROYAL SUPER SALE

Comment

• Addict
        Addict commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the list. Is this all the NNN registered yesterday?

• Royal.Domains
        Royal.Domains commented
        Editing a comment
        yes

• mad409
        mad409 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think something messed up, never seen these on pending delete or their drop list. And I also get email updates too. Don't know for sure?

All 32 of my NNN.xyz domains have had 1 year taken off the expiration date (without a refund) and no longer resolve because they are in the Pending Delete status. It seems XYZ registry is attempting to claw back the domains.

And now it looks like 150.xyz and 185.xyz were just set to Pending Delete status as well. I've emailed both Dynadot and XYZ Registry to get an explanation.
      Last edited by Addict; 06-02-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• mad409
        mad409 commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand Addict, I wasn't happy when Bostonivy did this to me back in 2015. I had full control of the domain for several days and then it was gone...

• Fancy Domains
        Fancy Domains commented
        Editing a comment
        At least we will let people know what they did. Power of internet forums.

• Royal.Domains
        Royal.Domains commented
        Editing a comment
        oh dear , shit like this should really not happen. and the 2nd mistake, acting like an ass, no mail or call to you guys. reputation bye bye.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JensWeega...70980557545476
      Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 30% commission.

My portfolio of domains
      Follow me on Twitter
      Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

• Fancy Domains
        Fancy Domains commented
        Editing a comment
        As I said. At least we let people know, even if it is impossible to win

Still no update from the XYZ registry or dynadot. Additional info:

News about this incident:
      http://domaingang.com/domain-news/ay...-the-registry/

NP thread:
      https://www.namepros.com/threads/ale...erics.1022280/

Comment

Dynadots response:

We received an email from the .xyz registry last night. These domains*were reserved/premium domains, and an error on their part allowed the domains to be registered for standard fees. They are not honouring the registrations, unfortunately.

The domains will be deleted, and your payment refunded. That should be completed*either tomorrow or Monday morning.

My sincerest apologies on behalf of the registry.

Comment

They should've just honoured the registrations. Now more and more people will lose confidence in ngtlds because of some idiotic actions by registries. Sad.

Comment

What a joke, again. These domains will not affect their bottomline. IMO they should just give them to the registrants and save face.

Not even worth looking anymore. As with .club, I wasted hours of my time registering names on their own published list only to have them taken back.

Both these registries appear to think it's best to take back a few names than to protect their reputation.

Comment

Post #3 and post #5 clearly points out that both of you knew there was an issue at hand so why the uproar or surprised reaction? These API issues have been happening since the launch of the new g's and you both know how things work in these type situations. Old news really.

When you don't see domains like these in their upcoming deletes, dropping tomorrow etc.. they're are not available to register. They also send email alerts too, it's on their site.

Sure this is a problem that should have been taken care of long ago but I don't know the technical reason as to why it happens from time to time and I do feel for everyone involved but it's a glitch plain and simple. You are not alone in these type issues.

So rather than requesting a registry to find and address the problem at hand this all turns in to .xyz hate threads across the net among all new g's and the .com only people love this type stuff. Just feeding the fire.

You're defeating the purpose of promoting, supporting new gTLDs by hitting every social media platform, blog and forum possible with this news rather than getting to the issue at hand for a correction moving forward. JMO..

Comment

• Fancy Domains
            Fancy Domains commented
            Editing a comment
            With Uniregistry's bizarre price hike and these kind of 'issues', I start to wonder if you can trust these guys at all. One day maybe they want our best names back, or just decide to increase the renewal fees with a few thousand percent.

I reserve my right to ask questions to companies who 'allow' this to happen. It is not hate. At least not more than to take domains away from you and not even contact or reply to questions.

• mad409
            mad409 commented
            Editing a comment
            The hate is from .com only people, like I said fuels the fire right?

mad409, I disagree with you. We should express our disagreements on things that we feel the registries shouldn't do rather than just sit and watch and do nothing about it. By doing nothing about it is not supporting ngtlds but ruining it terribly in the long run.

Comment

• mad409
            mad409 commented
            Editing a comment
            They knew this was a mistake from the beginning in advance so man up. It's not like they didn't know, read the beginning posts.

Originally posted by mad409 View Post
          Post #3 and post #5 clearly points out that both of you knew there was an issue at hand so why the uproar or surprised reaction? These API issues have been happening since the launch of the new g's and you both know how things work in these type situations. Old news really.
          Why an uproar? Because time and money was spent on "available" domains.

When you don't see domains like these in their upcoming deletes, dropping tomorrow etc.. they're are not available to register.
          Not everyone is paying such close attention as you. I do this for a living and don't have an xyz watch list.

So rather than requesting a registry to find and address the problem at hand this all turns in to .xyz hate threads across the net among all new g's and the .com only people love this type stuff.
          As far as haters go, you should know by now that haters gonna hate - no matter the situation. It's the nature of the hater.

Comment

• mad409
            mad409 commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably not that much time, refunds will be made and actually they wen't available.

If you're going to be domaining you should pay attention, right?

Yes haters will hate regardless but who's side are we on? Only .com or gTLD's too?

I'm not dismissing this, it's a problem but it's not a new problem..

• Chad
            Chad commented
            Editing a comment
            >>If you're going to be domaining you should pay attention, right?<<

They certainly were paying attention. They heard of a promotion, went and checked names and registered some.

Comparing them against drop lists is silly.

Being that this happened at the same time as their promo, I would have thought they were releasing some names for hype purpose. Good marketing. You know, get people talking. So while typically they may not have been available, the timing says maybe they were.

Chad why check NNN when the promotion is 6, 7, 8 and 9? Also I'm sure they we not available at other registers other than Dynadot, probably their API issue not sure.

My question for everyone is were these registered before and then dropped? If so show it here.. Or were they always reserved premium?

I have a reply from .xyz about dropped NNN.xyz, this is why I'd like to know. Will share later, off to work.

Comment

I think most people in this forum at least suspected that these registrations were allowed due to an error and not in purpose.

Having said that, I think Daniel Negari should have done the honorable thing and not take them back. It would have been good press for the registry and generated good will.

Comment

• mad409
              mad409 commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless it was a system error at Dynadot, don't think they're going to eat the fees...
          Working...
          X