DOTPLACE IS BLOCKED ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOTPLACE IS BLOCKED ?

Not able to register dotplace domain at different registars. Any info please

I believe this has been going on for months.

My feeling is that Donuts is testing how far they can go before people start complaining

They have also been reserving the best drops for months, and very few people here seem to care. Decisions like that are what makes many people stay in .com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I believe this has been going on for months.

My feeling is that Donuts is testing how far they can go before people start complaining

They have also been reserving the best drops for months, and very few people here seem to care. Decisions like that are what makes many people stay in .com.

Why wouldn't Donuts cut the domainer out of the equation, with only so many top keyword types per extension, only makes sense form a business perspective to hold the best names for direct sale?

What can anyone say, they own, and control the extension, if they choose to hold back the domain, they have already gone against what the whole gtld process was about since all the good .com's were taken, now all the good gtld's are taken also, maybe they can use that for another round.

Go thru this forum, most of the gems many people caught here have been let go, or dropped, many of the regulars have disappeared, some people went all in, without having a balanced .com portfolio to fall back on, and just got stuck with a lot of renewals, and not a lot of follow thru sales once the marketing of these extensions stopped.

The Donuts registry stopped new registrations of .PLACE domains while they work on updating their eligibility requirements for this gTLD. You won't be able to register any new .PLACE domains until further notice. If you already own a .PLACE domain, you can continue to renew your existing domain without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
        Why wouldn't Donuts cut the domainer out of the equation,
        Maybe because domain registries were supposed to act like domain registries and not like domainers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Maybe because domain registries were supposed to act like domain registries and not like domainers?
          SUPPOSED to is the main word, it was apparent right from the start they used the loop holes to start gaming the system, the deck was stacked against investors for the most part from day 1 given ICANN didn't get the proper legal framework they should have in the contracts.

Why do you expect them to do anything to benefit the internet, they are like any other business, their bottom line comes first. I am totally for a free, and open drop marketplace like .com, where there is one renewal after EAP, or charge 1 upfront fee, then leave the renewal with a base amount. That is not the case, given the new ownership of Donuts, they will be looking at every avenue to rip those names out of domainers hands, and back into their inventory so they can do direct sales. I hope it is not true, but I don't have much faith left in many of the operators.

I know you have an amazing portfolio, one of the best I must add, it must tick you off how this whole rollout was botched. After 2015, everything was tagged with premiums, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. Sure the sales keep happening, but what could have once been simply is not there. Most of the NOW buyers are taking a flyer, or thinking outside the box which is great, but if they pay to much like the vacation.rentals buyer they are just getting ahead of themselves. What happend to .games such great promise, I never even see a public sale.

I still think the day 1 buyers still have a lot of gems in their portfolio, and they should negotiate hard on sales, but don't hold back.

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
            Why do you expect them to do anything to benefit the internet, they are like any other business, their bottom line comes first.
            I think ICANN is to blame. It doesn't surprise me that registries would try to maximize their profit, but ICANN should not have allowed them to hold back domains or to charge unreasonable renewal fees for others.

What ICANN did was to hand out domain investing monopolies over whole internet namespaces.

And, all things considered, Donuts has been one of the least abusive of the bunch. Others, like Radix, took it to the extreme, where every domain that made the least bit of sense was either reserved or offered for unreasonable prices.

Donuts probably got tired of trying to act like a registry, when the other ones are doing whatever they want with no accountability whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
            X