vr,media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vr,media

I had vr,media backordered at hexo and it went to auction. The final price was $1,515. Seems pricy to me but what's your opinion?

$80 renewal is not exciting, but manageable. I think it sounds reasonable given the upside potential for the keyword, .media is an extension that has had some play, and those 2 letters work very well. It sounds reasonable given what is being paid in the aftermarket today. Someone placed a bet where they probably think they can 5-10X their money. There are a lot of good gtld's sitting idle right now, but given what some were paying in EAP, it is a fair price for a trending keyword.

Comment

I got 500$ offer for arbor.life drop or accept ?
      thats final price from buyer

Comment

• Addict
        Addict commented
        Editing a comment
        I would accept but that is just my opinion. What Price were you asking for?

• Royal.Domains
        Royal.Domains commented
        Editing a comment
        sell

800 usd

Comment

• Addict
        Addict commented
        Editing a comment
        I would sell... the prices are too close to risk never finding another buyer. Again, entirely my opinion.

• airmax
        airmax commented
        Editing a comment
        Addict is right, there is simply to much supply, we cannot develop each name. You have to pick your battles and at $500 for a name like that you take it, and move onto the next one. The thing is, it’s not that you didn’t try. If someone messaged me for that, I would have opened up at least at $2,500, at $800 ask, and $500 offer, that seems like a fair compromise.

At $2,500 ask, and $1,000 offer, maybe you could make the buyer feel good about their buy.

For sure Hexo is one of the winner in that auction.

I guess that it was you, me, Chad, Dan and Angela. I think the name worth the money but I dont have the power to pay $1500 for one name. Chad for example got it. I was successfull in every single ngtld year so far. but for sure not with buying names for 1500$. I would be burn out after a few names.

For me it does not worth it. to risky.

For a person like Chad, its worth it.

NEW NAMES - ROYAL SUPER SALE

Comment

Thank you guys
        It seems you guys are right I should accept 500$
        I experienced giving enough time to buyer and bargaining for higher price may change his mind and more chances to loose the deal

Comment

This is easily 20-40k name for serious end user in 2017, so 1500 is a fair resale price I wish new owner a nice sale and hefty profit.

Well, competition gets tough - instead of backordering and getting beaten in auctions, if you guys like name, try to contact its owner 1-2 months before expiring. Chances are the owner will let it go cheaply, mainly if it is clear that you are a domainer as well! You NEED to emphasize you are a domainer, and you can also offer trades for your other names, etc. It all works, at least for me.
          get your new domain at Brands.International
          PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

• Addict
            Addict commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure someone tried but Edward is MIA.

I would of paid 2k plus easy for vr.media it's a 20-50k name to the right buyer.

im not watching the drops very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
            I would of paid 2k plus easy for vr.media it's a 20-50k name to the right buyer.

im not watching the drops very well.
            I agree. This is a top notch name. A diamond.
            Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 25% commission.

My portfolio of domains
            Follow me on Twitter
            Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Royal.Domains View Post
              For sure Hexo is one of the winner in that auction.

I guess that it was you, me, Chad, Dan and Angela. I think the name worth the money but I dont have the power to pay $1500 for one name. Chad for example got it. I was successfull in every single ngtld year so far. but for sure not with buying names for 1500$. I would be burn out after a few names.

For me it does not worth it. to risky.

For a person like Chad, its worth it.
              I didn't get it.

Comment

It wasn't Chad and wasn't Phil... now I'm curious. I suspect either Berkens or Konstantinos.

Comment

• Royal.Domains
                  Royal.Domains commented
                  Editing a comment
                  now I am curious too.
                  are berkens and konstantinos still in the game ? I mean with buying ngtld names.
                  Last edited by Royal.Domains; 12-05-2017, 01:37 AM.

This one would take a bit of luck to get that big dollar payout, given every extension from .com to .co is sitting idle, and parked for sale.

These are the type of names you need to own to be successful with gtld based domains.
                Last edited by airmax; 12-05-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
                  These are the type of names you need to own to be successful with gtld based domains.
                  Yes, with around 3,000 or so of them you can make a few nice end user sales monthly.

It's all about getting there and at the right "renewal" prices that can produce a profit.

If you owned 1,000 VR.media types at $70 a year renewal you need to sell 70K worth of domains to break even.

Not a gamble I would bet on anymore. Too many good dotcoms to be had with better "odds of selling".

There is more opportunity with dotcom now that some of the attention has moved to cryptos.

A portfolio of 3,000 VRMedia.com's is worth 50-100 times more, easily, than a portfolio of 3,000 VR.media's.

Except for a few gems that drop, especially by way of Edward dropping most of his, the opportunity in ngtlds has been over for a long time now.

Anyone focused in the ngtld market is wasting time.

Comment

I agree 100% with chad
                    No more scope in new gtlds sales
                    I am moving to cryptos and trying to get rid of domaining
                    Previously I had 400+ now holding 198 ( dropped almost 50% )
                    Holding good ones and waiting to sell them as soon as possible
                    No Negotiations if received reasonable price from buyer ( straight away sell )
                    if we loose the deal never know we may stuck in renew the domains holding it for years with an expectation of higher price which never happens
                    I rejected altogether 40K offers since 2015 in negotiations for higher price now I regret
                    My personal suggestion never reject the offer sell it and hold good ones ( max 50+)
                    We are working hard since 2015 stop pain start gain
                    If anything oppose you please pardon me

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post

Yes, with around 3,000 or so of them you can make a few nice end user sales monthly.

It's all about getting there and at the right "renewal" prices that can produce a profit.

If you owned 1,000 VR.media types at $70 a year renewal you need to sell 70K worth of domains to break even.

Not a gamble I would bet on anymore. Too many good dotcoms to be had with better "odds of selling".

There is more opportunity with dotcom now that some of the attention has moved to cryptos.

A portfolio of 3,000 VRMedia.com's is worth 50-100 times more, easily, than a portfolio of 3,000 VR.media's.

Except for a few gems that drop, especially by way of Edward dropping most of his, the opportunity in ngtlds has been over for a long time now.

Anyone focused in the ngtld market is wasting time.
                      I'm still making a living out of them. I don’t get rich by any means, but it pays for my rent, car, food, insurance and computers.
                      Last edited by Fancy Domains; 12-06-2017, 06:45 AM.
                      Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 25% commission.

My portfolio of domains
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

• airmax
                        airmax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are very skilled, and stringent with your choices, and you are reasonable in your pricing, which helps with your success, but I am sure you invest a lot of time pulling whois, and watching what is dropping when. It is an opportunity cost, but you are able to make something, from smart choices. You have experience, and you have been here from the start as well. Congrats on a successful November 2017, I don't think I could do what you do, I am of the mindset unless you ask, you shall never get, and sometimes it kills deals, and other times it can help get a leg up. Once I asked $100K for a GTLD, and their counter was $25K, and we will pay right away, which I gave about 3 minutes thought, and accepted.
                    Working...
                    X