Self-made landing pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-made landing pages

I have seen multiple members of this forum using self-made landing pages.

I wanted to point out a disadvantage that I have noticed in many of them: they won't redirect subdomains to the webpage.

For example, if the domain is best.pizza, and a user types into their browser the.best.pizza, in most cases it will not reach the landing page.

Depending on the domain, the number of potential pageviews lost can be big. For example, I own the subdomain condos.for.sale, and it gets at least 2-4 visits per day.

Something to take into account when building your own landing page.

Good advice! Never thought about it that way. Thanks!
    Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 25% commission.

My portfolio of domains
    Follow me on Twitter
    Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

I just tried bodis.com and uniregistry market - both redirect the subdomains to the main domain

Comment

Voodoo works but you can't see where it's coming from other than the domain. Example if I type concrete.counter.top, I can just see that counter.top had a visitor unless I'm overlooking it.
        Domains for-sale, www.DomainByOwner.net.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that is the case with bodis and uniregistry too. It would be useful to know where traffic is coming from

trucks.for.sale is available for $25...will prob get some traffic if the others are. Boats too I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          trucks.for.sale is available for $25...will prob get some traffic if the others are. Boats too I think.
          Thanks! I got trucks.for.sale. Brock beat me to the other one, though.

Comment

Working...
          X