Domaining Sinking in Crypto World ? True or False

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by airmax View Post

Interesting how did this buyer find him, as traditional whois goes back to for.sale email, or did you forward the email onto them?\

Do you have an internal parking, or for sale lander thru your platform, as parking companies will not reject submissions?

We run FOR.SALE as a second level domain (like CO.UK or ORG.AU) through a proper registry system. I was CTO at dot-IO for ten yrs and it uses the same registry system we used for that before Afilias took over running the registry.

Our WebUI is at http://Names.of.London/ and we support WHOIS at "whois.of.london" or via the web interface, with all the usual privacy options included in the fee.

We offer a number of ways of using the domains, e.g. web & mail forwarding, Vanity URL shortener we also offer DNS hosting or support using external Name Servers (making them true domains), so you can use them with any service that supports this. Many domain auction & parking service do not accept our domains, but we've successfully parked with Rook Media / Domain Sponsor before.

I have no idea how the owner of bitcoin.for.sale made contact with that specific seller, but he's been promoting the domains on various forums and Twitter. He also holds a range of other domains.

Comment

Bitcoin surpasses $15000 - mark
      https://e.infogram.com/c408d074-1b0f...1e5e?src=embed
      Last edited by eshaan; 12-07-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Make that $16000

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
          Make that $16000

You can't post quick enough to keep up with it - and "no", that's not a challenge.

I used to think it was a bubble that was going to crash - but now Wall St has done a full U-Turn from -ve to +ve seems maybe the only way is up??

Comment

$19000 is a minute or two

Comment

Seems like this has become a BTC forum
              Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 25% commission.

My portfolio of domains
              Follow me on Twitter
              Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

• airmax
                airmax commented
                Editing a comment
                Just because bitcoin goes up or down, has no bearing on domains. Domains, and bitcoin go great as if you can execute trades with them even better. Gtld's are just kind of treading along, where bitcoin is all anyone is talking about, so it's trending. There is no reason not to be in both businesses, as they really don't have anything to do with each other.

Anyone holding bitcoin, coin, or cypto type domains should be using this hype to look for a good sale, perfect timing, always sell on the uptrend. It seems a few coin.extensions have been acquired in the past few weeks.

• mad409
                mad409 commented
                Editing a comment
                Definite turn in opinion towards gTLDs since the crypto craze.

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post
              I have been acquiring crypto domains since 2013, nobody is buying gtld's related to dvd players today, you have to trade on what is trending, and in play, crypto, marijuana are industries that people are investing in, and as they do they need a namesake to tie their investment to.

I probably have more invested in GTLD's than you, if the market is weaker today, than it was in 2015, I will honestly admit it, and change course from there instead of being ignorant, and believing the opposite.

You can ask anyone here, things have trended down, it is nobodies fault, in 2014/2015/2016 we had a lot going on we had new extensions coming out, fresh marketing internally, and externally, we had the Chinese market in play, and so on... there has been a step back as many have stated some domainer money has gone to support ICO's, and such. The end users are not fully embracing GTLD's to date, sure the odd one has a different idea, and goes with it, but there are still many that are pushing toward only .com, and they are hard to flip. So we have a lot of domainer backed inventory that continues to sit idle, waiting for that hopeful end user to come knocking. Some have given up, others have thinned out, and others stay the course. I am renewing 95% of my GTLD portfolio because I have seen glimpses of hope, but it is not consistent enough.

As Chad said .com is providing many more opportunities right now, if you know how to make the connections, and you have a bankroll that is ready to escrow. You have a more diverse buyer base so you are able to turnover quicker, which is what you want.

By all means keep buying gtld's, and grinding away, the dollars are just not there from an investor point of view right now. Trends, come, and go, and you have to capitalize when they do. The money that has been made in GTLD's is sitting in most of these guys portfolios, because what they were able to acquire in 2014, 2015 that was the time to do it, those same scenarios have not presented themselves again at the registry level. The new releases are geared directly for the end user. Marketing dollars are bootstrapped, and the buzz is just as loud as .buzz, which was put up for sale, and failed to sell.
              Last edited by airmax; 12-08-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Fancy Domains
                Fancy Domains commented
                Editing a comment
                I am pretty aware of what is going on as I have been on this train from early 2014 as well. I just stated a fact.

• Chad
                Chad commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you're doing fine Fancy. Each person needs to find their groove and work it. What works for one person doesn't mean it works for another.

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post
              Many of us here got into ntlds on the ground floor and have some good names and sales. With cryptos you have the chance at multiplying your money much more and at a faster rate.

Not many opportunities pop up like this.

Maybe we need to launch a Crypto forum

Comment

• Fancy Domains
                Fancy Domains commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea!

Personally, I have no idea if there are many existing crypto forums out there already, but I guess you, or other members, have more knowledge.
            Working...
            X