Domaining Sinking in Crypto World ? True or False

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domaining Sinking in Crypto World ? True or False

Is it true most of the domainers are diverting towards crypto currencies or sailing two boats

Seems like a good time to buy.

Comment

Not sure if most are but many are.

Comment

imho all this cryptocurrencies is just a big bubble. I have a cleaning lady, and she asked me a week ago whether I have heard about cryptocurrencies, as she invested in some of them.
        You can earn on cryptocurrencies when you issue a new one, but 99% of investors will burn there. No regulation, nothing, just a hype. I think only bitcoin will last, and maybe few others.

Stick with new gTLDs...many still do not believe in them, so it is best time to buy now. When there will be a hype few years late, we will be selling very nicely
        founder, Brands.International

Comment

I built an Ethereum mining rig about 2 weeks ago. Spent about $2k in parts.

Based on the current Ethereum price and difficulty, the rig is expected to generate about $320 a month. Substract about $80 in electricity, a profit of $240.

Assuming the profit stays the same, I should recoup all investment costs in 8 months, and from there I have a golden goose that generates money each month without me having to do anything.

Of course, many bad things may happen in the meantime (the price can drop, the difficulty can increase, the US government can ban all cryptos, etc.), but it is definitively a fun experiment.
          Last edited by Dan; 10-19-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think BTC, and ETH have legs, everything else is on shaky ground, when you get ICO's offering 50% bonuses, and raising tens of millions of dollars, your on shaky ground. Most people will never see the money they invest, the sellers as usual will beat them to the door.

As for the mining rigs, same as BTC, it will get more expensive, and harder to mine, turnings hundreds, into dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by airmax View Post
              As for the mining rigs, same as BTC, it will get more expensive, and harder to mine, turnings hundreds, into dollars.
              Agreed, but the question is when. If it takes 2 years to come to this, I will be very happy. If it happens in 3 months, not so much.

Comment

More domainers leaving the market creates an excellent buying opportunity as aftermarket prices will move lower due to reduced demand. I'm gonna keep buying and inquiring as much as I can.
                Last edited by slader23; 10-20-2017, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Purely confirmation bias, speculating that the entire domain industry is shifting to the “crypto world”. Cryptocurrency is providing opportunities surrounding the financial sphere, and bringing forth digitalization of economies and currencies. Domain industry is in its own space - digital real estate; something that cannot be ignored nor eradicated. But overall, I can understand why you made this thread, as I am sure we can all see the rise of cryptocurrencies - however, it is silly to compare them together.
                  100 Domains for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I built an Ethereum mining rig about 2 weeks ago. Spent about $2k in parts.

Based on the current Ethereum price and difficulty, the rig is expected to generate about $320 a month. Substract about $80 in electricity, a profit of $240.

Assuming the profit stays the same, I should recoup all investment costs in 8 months, and from there I have a golden goose that generates money each month without me having to do anything.

Of course, many bad things may happen in the meantime (the price can drop, the difficulty can increase, the US government can ban all cryptos, etc.), but it is definitively a fun experiment.
                    Just wanted to give a quick update to this... my rig has produced 1.5 ETH so far. At $500, it is $750... If I sell, I recoup 37% of my original investment in just two months, without working!!! I don't know any other business like this.

I don't know how long this business is going to last... but right now it's crazy. People that bought bitcoin miners are making even more money.

I now wish I had bought bitcoins when Chad first started talking about bitcoin. I would have made 10 times my investment.

Comment

If you are mining, make sure to sell ASAP. Even McAfee who mines BTC sells at market price and he's a long term holder who might have to bite off his D.

I will be selling (or dumping) many .world domains soon to invest in cryptos. My money just goes further and appreciates faster there.

If any buyers are looking at buying some top .world domains (my next coming up for renewal) let me know. Marek?

Comment

same here chad
                        I dumped almost 15 domains ( .life, .house & .world ) at DNS for BIN and few direct inquiries from buyers
                        Looking ahead to dump more domains very soon going to list bunch domains here for reseller price

Comment

Why not both - I run FOR.SALE as a second level registry under contract with RightSide (now part of Donuts) - pretty much all FOR.SALE domains are priced at $25/yr guaranteed for life - we recently sold BITCOIN.FOR.SALE (for $25) and the owner just got an offer for 0.5 BTC, but is holding out for 1 BTC.

He's now bought a load more crypto FOR.SALE domains as well as a load of cannabis related ones (he's in Vancouver!).

However, as of writing there are still some left, like BITCOINS and many of the minor cryptos. Search at http://Phrases.for.Sale/

The key with all these emerging markets is to get in early - which usually means taking a risk on something everybody else isn't into yet.

Comment

Originally posted by phrases.for.sale View Post
                            Why not both - I run FOR.SALE as a second level registry under contract with RightSide (now part of Donuts) - pretty much all FOR.SALE domains are priced at $25/yr guaranteed for life - we recently sold BITCOIN.FOR.SALE (for $25) and the owner just got an offer for 0.5 BTC, but is holding out for 1 BTC.

He's now bought a load more crypto FOR.SALE domains as well as a load of cannabis related ones (he's in Vancouver!).

However, as of writing there are still some left, like BITCOINS and many of the minor cryptos. Search at http://Phrases.for.Sale/

The key with all these emerging markets is to get in early - which usually means taking a risk on something everybody else isn't into yet.
                            Interesting how did this buyer find him, as traditional whois goes back to for.sale email, or did you forward the email onto them?\

Do you have an internal parking, or for sale lander thru your platform, as parking companies will not reject submissions?
                            Last edited by airmax; 12-02-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Guys, I am still interested to buy .world and .life, so if you have some you wish not to renew, just post them here, if possible for reseller price (like $25-50, but you will at least get your investment back).
                              Personally I am only interested for names for standard renewals which I can hold long tern, even if name is great, I am not going to hold premium renewals - I somehow developed allergy to premium renewals

Btw, do not give up your nice .life names - you can transfer them at the moment to 1and1, for something like $1 - it will give you 1 more year to hold them, and meanwhile another transfer promo can come in our way to enable us to hold .life cheaply for years to come. At the moment I am not aware of any good promo for .world, but when I get info, I will post it here.
                              founder, Brands.International

Comment

Working...
                            X