Affiliate or lead gen...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate or lead gen...

Anyone here going well with either model, I have names like WeBuy.gold TaxHelp.online Rv.loans CreditCard.guide UsedCars.forsale that I think would do well in high paying lead gen niches.

Also names like log.furniture womens.gifts Christmas.gifts gourmet.coffee that seem should be used as affiliate sites . But I am looking to see if anyone makes over 1k a month on any of their sites ..

Apparently no one is making that much. Have you had any luck?

Comment

I used to make +10K a month from travel related sites (hotel booking affiliation). It worked 2001 until 2014. Not anymore.
      Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 30% commission.

My portfolio of domains
      Follow me on Twitter
      Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post
        I used to make +10K a month from travel related sites (hotel booking affiliation). It worked 2001 until 2014. Not anymore.
        What changed in 2014?

Comment

so names like vacationhome.rentals ? or adventure.cruises ? e.flights or e.vacations

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

What changed in 2014?
            1. Google changed many algorithms from 2011 to 2015, so we dropped in SERP (from top positions) for valuable keywords. To be honest, I did a lot of directory "spamming" and link exchanges to get these position from 2000-2011. That worked then, but not now.

2. We could no longer beat the competition from huge players, such as Booking, Tripadvisor, Agoda and so on...
            Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 30% commission.

My portfolio of domains
            Follow me on Twitter
            Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              So it is fair to say that it is not the affiliate business that dropped but instead the ability to bring people in by investing in SEO?

We have based our website brautkleider.online (wedding dresses) on the affiliate idea. Income is low (probably due to the fact that wedding dresses is one of the last things emotional women would buy online. We were blinded a little by the dollar signs in the beginning ;-)). But it actually does work to rank on the first page on google with "brautkleider online" (now 11, i think). Although we have done some stuff in SEO optimization we suppose that the exact match domain name actually still has an impact on the Ranking. But to sum it up: a simple affiliate approach is not working for our page.

Comment

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post
              Great while you had it. That seems to be the way of the 'Net - constant change.

Comment

Working...
              X