Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here into cryptos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone here into cryptos?

    Just getting my feet wet in all this.

    Any miners or traders here?

    I'm thinking maybe most might want to keep it quiet if so?




  • #2
    I did some research into bitcoin mining a few months ago, and decided it is not worth it. The increase in complexity (it was around 5% each two weeks) will cause mining to become unprofitable soon (the cost of electricity will surpass the mining revenue).

    Comment


    • #3
      Would not recommend mining 2017 if you don't have a competitive advantage.
      Follow on Twitter

      Comment


      • #4
        I use to have some bitcoins, sold them all in 2016. I have lost coins to fraudulent exchanges in 2014, 2015. Crypto is highly speculative.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was thinking of investing in bitcoins a few years ago, but then our household economy was deteriorating due to some Google SERP penalties.

          I will probably never buy any in the future...
          Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

          My portfolio of domains
          Follow me on Twitter
          Connect with me on Linkedin

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm getting ready to buy 5k of ripple and 5k worth of etherum just enough to be possibly worth while , but not enough to sting to bad if all is lost.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I did some research into bitcoin mining a few months ago, and decided it is not worth it. The increase in complexity (it was around 5% each two weeks) will cause mining to become unprofitable soon (the cost of electricity will surpass the mining revenue).
              Yeah, the days for mining bitcoin are over unless you have a massive operation. You can still mine ETH but that is chaging fast too. Some others like ZCash may be better....then cash out to BTC...from my research.

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks like no fork for BTC is most likely. To da moon...

                Comment


                • Chad
                  Chad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Might have said this too early...stuff is ConFuSiNg

              • #9
                Revisiting this post...if you would have bought BTC at the time of this post, you would almost be double now.

                Comment


                • #10
                  I wish I would have got in years ago when I first read about it. Even looked at mining years ago. I'd be set for life right now but who knew...

                  I was thinking about the bad vs good and I'm still surprised the Government hasn't gotten involved with all the money laundering going on etc.. I see the drug dealers on a daily basis sticking cash in to the BTC Kiosks around town washing it through the system.

                  I think the bubble is about to pop so I wouldn't get in at the current price myself. But heck don't listen to me I missed the boat once already...
                  Last edited by mad409; 08-15-2017, 03:19 AM.
                  Domains for-sale, www.DomainByOwner.net.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by mad409 View Post
                    I was thinking about the bad vs good and I'm still surprised the Government hasn't gotten involved with all the money laundering going on etc.. I see the drug dealers on a daily basis sticking cash in to the BTC Kiosks around town washing it through the system.

                    I think the bubble is about to pop so I wouldn't get in at the current price myself. But heck don't listen to me I missed the boat once already...
                    I wonder how much of the increase in BTC is tied to illegal activities.

                    I also believe we are in a bubble, but it may take a while to pop.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Digital currency is the future so I don't think bitcoin is in a bubble. People want to invest in the future. I don't think bitcoin will be around forever though as it can't be controlled by the powers that be. They will find a way to kill it. It will fade out once the gov currency(ies) come out.

                      On a side note, Google: economist magazine 1988 currency
                      Last edited by Chad; 08-15-2017, 10:12 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Dan View Post

                        I wonder how much of the increase in BTC is tied to illegal activities.

                        I also believe we are in a bubble, but it may take a while to pop.

                        I'd say a lot of it is illegal per usage goes.The spike in price is driven by everyone jumping on the wagon. I see people talking about bitcoin like never before and many with no investment knowledge is even getting on board.

                        Hopefully for those invested it will be a slow adjustment but I can see this fall much quicker than it gained. Again no investment advise here just an opinion that's all..
                        Domains for-sale, www.DomainByOwner.net.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Grrrr... So frustrating ... Greed gets all... I don't think of myself as greedy but I hate thinking about missed early adopter oppertuniies thus my gtld investments but this btc drives me crazy!! Like Chad said 100k at the beginning of this post is almost 200k today ... And tomorrow could truly be worth 25k or less .. The technogly is solid but so much profit laying out there to be taken...

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I bought shares in our local brewery.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X