• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post

End user usage stats is where it's at.
    Is there any website that tracks this?

Comment

Drop counts don't mean crap in the real world.

End user usage stats is where it's at.

Is it increasing, decreasing?

If you are selling a product, you want a product people want to buy. The more people looking to buy your product the better chance you make a sale. Basic logic.
      Drop counts matter to a lot of people. Ask Daniel Negari who made videos of reg numbers, when they were going up. Like the registries selling them. Look at your basic logic example. You want a product people want to buy. Well, if reg numbers are going down, does that seem like a product people want to buy? End user stats? How about sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Hitch View Post

Drop counts matter to a lot of people. Ask Daniel Negari who made videos of reg numbers, when they were going up. Like the registries selling them. Look at your basic logic example. You want a product people want to buy. Well, if reg numbers are going down, does that seem like a product people want to buy? End user stats? How about sales?
        I'm talking about to domainers. Of course they matter to Negari.

End users aren't paying attention to drop counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Is there any website that tracks this?
          I don't know. It wouldn't be hard to put together.

I just occasionally check G (site:.ext) if I'm curious.

Comment

I'm talking about to domainers. Of course they matter to Negari.

End users aren't paying attention to drop counts.

Domainers should care about it. Most of their sales will be to other domainers. If they see the numbers dropping, that doesn't show much demand. There is no way to spin dropping numbers as good. I don't know of a case where reg numbers drop and prices go up.

Comment

Domainers should care about it. Most of their sales will be to other domainers. If they see the numbers dropping, that doesn't show much demand.
              Ntlds are still in their infancy. End user demand has to pick up and be established in order for there to be a wholesale market.

Just because a million domains are regged on some cheapie sale doesn't mean these things now have value.

Many knew this. Many didn't. Now many more do.

There is no way to spin dropping numbers as good.
              Or maybe you are spinning this to show someone said it was good. I didn't see that here.

Saying something is of no importance is not the equivalent of saying it is good.

Good things may come from these drops though. People have learned lessons. People may figure out they need to move on to better quality domains...among other things.

Comment

Domainers should care about it. Most of their sales will be to other domainers.
                I rarely sell to other domainers - most of my sales are to end users.

Comment

Conclusion??!

A good domain is always a good domain and a bad domain is always a bad domain and everything in between. Keep the good ones and keep the decent names only if you are successful, or simply have the money. Stay away from the bad ones. Always.

Simplified but not common practice among all these "domain collectors".
                  Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

My portfolio of domains
                  Follow me on Twitter
                  Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Ntlds are still in their infancy. End user demand has to pick up and be established in order for there to be a wholesale market.

Just because a million domains are regged on some cheapie sale doesn't mean these things now have value.

Many knew this. Many didn't. Now many more do.

Or maybe you are spinning this to show someone said it was good. I didn't see that here.

Saying something is of no importance is not the equivalent of saying it is good.

Good things may come from these drops though. People have learned lessons. People may figure out they need to move on to better quality domains...among other things.
                    Agree with you 100 percent , Chad , the drops in .xyz mean nothing no more than when some touted the big Reg numbers during the promotions. Neither has anything to do with the wholesale or retail market value of a quality word.word name. If .com lost 10 million names tomorrow , and the next day and the next day.. Still would change one thing about the value of a quality .com

Comment

totally agree, dropping numbers doesn't mean anything in general but lets talk about xyz in particular , xyz had a promotion last year they gave a way xyz for free for a limited time ,and then they had 99 cents promotion so many people registered so many crap domains that they should not have registered in the first place, they just registered these domains because of the fact that it was free or very cheap and now when it comes to renew they dont even want to pay 10 dollars to renew their own crap.
                      so personally I don't really pay attention to these numbers, these stats are really for FYI, not something that you make your decision based on. as Royal mentioned, good domain is always a good domain regardless of all the stats

www.Domain.Partners

Comment

Originally posted by Domain.Partners View Post
                        totally agree, dropping numbers doesn't mean anything in general but lets talk about xyz in particular , xyz had a promotion last year they gave a way xyz for free for a limited time ,and then they had 99 cents promotion so many people registered so many crap domains that they should not have registered in the first place, they just registered these domains because of the fact that it was free or very cheap and now when it comes to renew they dont even want to pay 10 dollars to renew their own crap.
                        so personally I don't really pay attention to these numbers, these stats are really for FYI, not something that you make your decision based on. as Royal mentioned, good domain is always a good domain regardless of all the stats

I totally agree. We should not even consider giveaway names, as these mean absolutely nothing. You can go out and pick a million pebbles and still these will be worth $0. But a single small diamond might be worth a million bucks.
                        Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

My portfolio of domains
                        Follow me on Twitter
                        Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Working...
                        X