BIN vs Make-an-Offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIN vs Make-an-Offer

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has experience with both could recommend which one is better?

I just read that Mike Mann (owner of domainmarket.com) just switched the majority of his domains from BIN to Make-an-offer.

Up to now, my strategy has been BIN for domains that I don't think will sell for more than $3k, and Make-an-offer for all others. But am I losing opportunities due to this strategy?

Names I won't renew or the lower $xxxx ones I will likely slap a BIN on, make an offer usually works best for me.
    Follow on Twitter

Comment

BIN is good for lower end names at up to 5K and even some mid level pricing. Higher end names better to be priced based on who inquirer is.

I rarely use make an offer as that rarely goes anywhere. I price them out.

I plan to put BIN's on about half my portfolio soon.

Not sure what Mike is up to. He's probably just goofing around and trying different things. He's in a different boat than most being that he is already financially set for life. He could retire but probably finds his life empty without domaining (just a hunch).

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        I rarely use make an offer as that rarely goes anywhere. I price them out.
        I previously misspoke, when I said "Make an Offer", what I meant is DomainNameSales-style inquiries. Make an Offer by itself without the possibility of negotiation makes no sense to me.

Comment

I don't like the make an offer on the DNS landers either. Everyone starts low. Waste of time. I rather have them send their info for a price quote. They can make an offer after hearing the quote. (Might be what you mean as well).

Going to get my portfolio fine tuned after summer. DNS charges 10% for BIN lander sales so need to get something else going. Probably go custom.

Comment

I agree with above. Lower priced domains should usually have BIN attached and process more less automatic. When someone write me an email about domain which I would price in high range, I usually try to get person at phone - I send them my phone number and ask them to set up a phone call at particular date/time. I believe In first 1-2 minutes of chat you can get much more information about your buyer then via email exchanges, which can take weeks/months, and at the end of that you still have no info in many cases.

I more and more start to adopt approach - no chat, no domain
            get your new domain at Brands.International
            PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

I'm mixing it up, a little bit of everything since I don't feel there's a definitive answer BJMO.
              Domains for-sale, www.DomainByOwner.net.

Comment

As most of my domains are in the $xxx - $xxxx range, i prefer to use BIN.

I have good experience from using it.
                Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 30% commission.

My portfolio of domains
                Follow me on Twitter
                Connect with me on Linkedin

Comment

Working...
                X