Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My landing pages - Any thoughts?

Hi,

I am currently trying to update my totally homemade landing pages for all my domains.

Example: http://yenit.com/seniorsupport

1. Is the text enough, or should I add more statistics, renewals, etc?

2. I have worked a lot with graphic design, but I get the impression that this look rather "old school" and maybe not that inviting. What is your impression?

3. I have tried to make it responsive to also work smoothly in smartphones and tablets. Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance for any constructive feedback!

Sell any of my names at: Fancy.domains and get 35% commission.

My portfolio of domains
    Follow me on Twitter
    Connect with me on Linkedin

Ps. The top Hong Kong panorama photo will probably be replaced later on. I will probably alternate ten different photos there...

My portfolio of domains
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi Fancy,

I like it, so I have only 2 remarks, which maybe would be helpful. Personally (but it all comes to personal taste, so take it as such and with pinch of salt) I would like to see more colors there..you know, I am all about logos and colors, as I know many end users like them..it is maybe my deformation from real estate, when one can sell expensive property just because "i like the pink sofa there" kind of remarks, buyers are often totally ignoring numbers/roi/profit behind the purchase..lets remember that although we are quite logical people here, people (buyers) can be extremely irrational..and some irrational individuals have tons of money So I say colors and nice logos, if you do not have time for logos, then at least some colors.

One more thing : personally, I would avoid using word "premium" domain name in the description : it is clear for me that you mean "premium" as quality indicator, unfortunately this word starts to get negative connotations in new gTLD space, as "premium" can also mean "high renewal". When I browse different marketplaces, whenever I see "premium", I skip it as I am afraid of huge price tag, or of huge renewal. Again, maybe it is just me, but I would replace "premium" with "beautiful", "unique", "amazing"..this kind of adjectives

Apart small remarks above, good work imo.
      starting USD 5k Invest in premium new gTLD domains at Brands.International PM here or write at marek@brands.international

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
        Hi Fancy,

I like it, so I have only 2 remarks, which maybe would be helpful. Personally (but it all comes to personal taste, so take it as such and with pinch of salt) I would like to see more colors there..you know, I am all about logos and colors, as I know many end users like them..it is maybe my deformation from real estate, when one can sell expensive property just because "i like the pink sofa there" kind of remarks, buyers are often totally ignoring numbers/roi/profit behind the purchase..lets remember that although we are quite logical people here, people (buyers) can be extremely irrational..and some irrational individuals have tons of money So I say colors and nice logos, if you do not have time for logos, then at least some colors.

One more thing : personally, I would avoid using word "premium" domain name in the description : it is clear for me that you mean "premium" as quality indicator, unfortunately this word starts to get negative connotations in new gTLD space, as "premium" can also mean "high renewal". When I browse different marketplaces, whenever I see "premium", I skip it as I am afraid of huge price tag, or of huge renewal. Again, maybe it is just me, but I would replace "premium" with "beautiful", "unique", "amazing"..this kind of adjectives

Apart small remarks above, good work imo.

Very very good and constructive feedback!

It is in the middle of the night here, but within a few days, I will work on the colors. The word premium will be removed within ten minutes! I should have thought of this myself, but you know how it is with your own stuff. Easy to get "blind".

MANY THANKS!

My portfolio of domains
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

• Marek
          Marek commented
          Editing a comment
          Very gladly mate

Originally posted by Fancy Domains View Post
        Hi,

I am currently trying to update my totally homemade landing pages for all my domains.

Example: http://yenit.com/seniorsupport

1. Is the text enough, or should I add more statistics, renewals, etc?

2. I have worked a lot with graphic design, but I get the impression that this look rather "old school" and maybe not that inviting. What is your impression?

3. I have tried to make it responsive to also work smoothly in smartphones and tablets. Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance for any constructive feedback!
        First, a general question: Is there any advantage of using your own lander over using the Uniregistry Market or Bodis?

Regarding the lander itself, I would add a "BUY IT NOW" button that redirects to an Escrow.com transaction, like the one furniture.world has.

Comment

I just added a lot of yellow color to the site, so right now it looks kind of CRAZY.

I will continue tomorrow or so.

My portfolio of domains
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

First, a general question: Is there any advantage of using your own lander over using the Uniregistry Market or Bodis?

Regarding the lander itself, I would add a "BUY IT NOW" button that redirects to an Escrow.com transaction, like the one furniture.world has.
            Thank you for your answer!

- The advantage is that you can develop it however you want, without the limitation of certain templates etc. You have full control on your own.

- The disadvantages is that you sometimes fail at develop and design your own site the way you expected. I am pretty much in this state now. But I will solve it, haha

- The BIN and Escrow.com feature is a great suggestion. I will probably implement that when I have a design that I can live with

My portfolio of domains
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I like your western cowboy vintage mix style .. and it match good with your logo

WTF -- LOOK AT THIS -- AMAZING

Comment

Originally posted by Royal.Domains View Post
                I like your western cowboy vintage mix style .. and it match good with your logo

Thank you very much! Happy to hear that.

As said, it looks a little crazy now as all design updates goes live.

My portfolio of domains
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I prefer it minimalistic and those who want more info can seek it out with a few clicks if need be. One click check out are great, but you might want to consider using another option than Escrow.com. Recently had a buyer almost not make the deal because of the process they use (deal in the $xxxx region). Was saved by my registrar who offered to receive the payment on my behalf even though it was beyond the sums they usually allow.
                  Follow on Twitter

Comment

http://copy.center/

WTF -- LOOK AT THIS -- AMAZING

Comment

Working...
                    X